View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I received my copy today (finally) and while I'm very happy to have a new Bekka album I can't help feel a little disappointed. It is a solid performance by Bekka, there is no doubt about it, but I guess I wanted so much more.

Bekka has been teasing us with songs on her myspace page for a long time now, such as Jessica's Song, The Gypsy in Me, As Far As You Know or others. When I heard that it was an album of covers then I was initially disappointed but I got over it.

Sadly to my ears this new album just sounds a little flat nowhere near the power and vocal range that we know Bekka has. Therefore here I am on my third listen tonight and still not overly excited. I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful because I'm not, I am glad to have a solo album from her, but you know, I have high expectations.

My other concern is that this album seems to have a very limited release I haven't seen it appear anywhere other than on the Ernest Tubb Record Shop site. I owe you a big thanks though Matt for bringing it to our attention because I think otherwise we might have missed it. Maybe it will get a wider release on that Sept 1st release date?