View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
My "thing" about Rick being involved is that Peter is already there...Rick & Peter's sound & feel are so close it would be like having two of the same guitarist playing. Back in the day, Kirwan had his own different sound (as did Nigel in the PGSG).
I can see that. I guess, for me, it would be nice to have an actual student of Peter's on stage with the band. But, yeah, I guess Rick could be seen as being too much like Greeny himself. As a fan of the blues era Mac and of Rick Vito, I always thought it would be cool to hear Rick with the early Mac. And, I think he's the only guitarist the Mac had post-Green that could really do that era justice if the original Mac got back together, while still being low-key enough to let the real stars of the show shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
OK, somebody call Bob Welch...get his ass to the sessions. Welch, Green & Spencer, now THERE's your 3-guitar lineup!
Hmmm. That would be interesting. Many shades of Fleetwood Mac to be sure. My one concern is that the focus of the blues version of Fleetwood Mac would be overshadowed by Welch's jazz tendancies. But, it could be extremely rewarding.

THE Stephen Hopkins