View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
With Lindsey's return all but completely written off now and new music from the current line up appearing increasingly unlikely, it seems the last band project will forever be Buckingham McVie. Yes, I know it's not technically a Fleetwood Mac album, but for all intents and purposes if we call Say You Will a Fleetwood Mac album, we may as well call Buckingham McVie one too.

I've been listening to the album again lately and I'd forgotten just how good it is. So many of the songs and so catchy - Sleeping Around the Corner, Feel About You, Red Sun, Lay Down for Free...the epic closer Carnival Begin!

This album to me is better than Say You Will and although it's not the ending I'd hoped for (like many of us I held out hope until the last moment that Stevie would be involved), it is still a great ending.

What do you think?
I think it's pleasant but that's about it. Honestly I was hoping for more. I think a Mac album really needs both Buckingham and Nicks, there's just something about their formidable talents - especially put together with that tension. Of the 4 albums since TANGO, I think only SAY YOU WILL comes close to matching the quality of the classic albums. BEHIND THE MASK fails without Buckingham, and BUCKINGHAM MCVIE fails without Nicks, and TIME, well I think that kind of fails in general.