View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
With Lindsey's return all but completely written off now and new music from the current line up appearing increasingly unlikely, it seems the last band project will forever be Buckingham McVie. Yes, I know it's not technically a Fleetwood Mac album, but for all intents and purposes if we call Say You Will a Fleetwood Mac album, we may as well call Buckingham McVie one too.

I've been listening to the album again lately and I'd forgotten just how good it is. So many of the songs and so catchy - Sleeping Around the Corner, Feel About You, Red Sun, Lay Down for Free...the epic closer Carnival Begin!

This album to me is better than Say You Will and although it's not the ending I'd hoped for (like many of us I held out hope until the last moment that Stevie would be involved), it is still a great ending.

What do you think?
It WAS supposed to be a FM record, except for you know who refusing to participate(THIS is the legacy she left the band with).

It's every bit as much a FM record as SYW. I far prefer it! Christine always added the sweetness that made FM work. SYW had none of that. SYW is dark and depressing to my ears. BuckVie is fun pop! I love it. I'm thankful to have it as their swan song(again, a record from all 5 would have been better, but we know where the blame lies).

Too bad Christine didn't stand up for her musical partner of 42 years. #nospine #chaiseloungechristine #sheaintnosuperwoman