View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Big, Big Hair

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith

I just want to say that the girl in the Big Love video has the worst 80's hair I have ever seen.

Man, it's reeeeeaal bad!

They should have used Stevie, then she would have had something to do besides swish her skirt so obnoxiously.
Oh, so true, I hear that video cost a fortune but IMO it's wretched. I just want to grab Stevie's skirt-swooshing hands and say "STOP THAT!! You look like you're at some kind of bizarre 80s alternative square dance!" I realize the 80s hair is not their fault - that was "in." But the special effects they paid so much for - well, when they speed up everybody at the end, that just looks freaky. Especially poor Lindsey on the conveyer belt. Nobody looks cool when they're lip synching in FF mode.

And the part where Lindsey and the girl face each other and go back and forth mouthing the aforementioned love grunts (That IS hilarious, BTW) reminds me of Sesame Street where the two silhouettes face each other and say, as the words are written on the screen:
"Fire." "Man." "Fireman." .... "Police." "Man." "Policeman." Anybody else remember what I'm talking about there?

At any rate, SO not worth the money. Even the low budget "Seven Wonders" where all they do is get filmed singing and goofing around is better.

But the supreme TITN video: "Little Lies." Before I knew what Fleetwood Mac was I thought that was a TOTALLY AWESOME video (one of the first I ever saw, after Mom finally let me watch the pernicious and corrupting channel of amoral decadence known as MTV). My friends and I: "Look! They're changing into each other as they walk past the barn! Ooh! 'Tell me, tell me lies!'" lol That video rocks!

(Admittedly, at the time, I couldn't figure out why the blond lady kept changing hairdos and clothes. Later..DUH..they're two different women! The fact that there could be two lead female singers in one band didn't even occur to me. Except for the GoGos and the Bangles, I hadn't ever seen that).

All that to say: Big Love was a Big Waste.