View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Paris was Bob's baby and there was no band he was prouder of. Michelej1 you couldn't be more wrong about any supposed emails or interviews. He loved that band and the hard rock sound. In fact, he always said that Paris was his best work and before its time, not a copy of Led Zeplin.

It also was definitely not the same as his works after that. French Kiss was very calculated by him to have hits, where Paris was a hard rock love affair for him. You should go to Bob Welch.com and listen to his cover of "Hot for Teacher" which is Bob's guitar playing like nobody has ever heard on his albums that have been released.

In fact, my personal favorite Bob Welch song was "Black Book" from Paris, which several bands have wanted to rerecord today. Also the Paris albums have a huge cult following from the young. I know because I am getting paid for it, and the first Paris album has been re-released on CD in the past 2 years and is available.

BOB loved his work on Paris.
Bob Did Good Work on Paris. Paris was a very underrated band. Heart of Stone is awesome!