View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow. Some of these comments are pretty intense. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but really, things are not always as they seem. And people are a lot more complex than what is written about them, or what another artist may say about them, or even what they say about themselves. I guess the thing to remember is that these are mere mortals, with issues and short-comings like everyone else.

As for the watchdogs, everyone has their buffers who protect them, whether it's friends, family, teachers, etc. The real difference here is that these people are paid to keep the distance, and they have a lot more to concern themselves with than the average person. And a lot more at stake if they don't.

And finally, it's unfortunate that some people throughout their lives continue to battle drug and alcohol addiction, as well as mental illness. Often they do not want help, or are unable to understand that something should be done in their best interest. So despite how much you might want to help them, or how many attempts have been made, sometimes you just can't save someone, as heartbreaking as that is.