View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
No, I didn't see Christine and Lindsey on tour- 3 hours and 4 1/2 hours was just too far for me. I also didn't see Stevie when she played 90 minutes away, either. But now that I know Lindsey won't be touring with FM, I would definitely plan to see him solo, depending on the location. And if I had known back then he wasn't going to be touring with FM this year, I would have seen him and Christine, but I don't think anybody saw this coming.

As far as supporting FM if Stevie were fired? You bet I would. Christine's songs are my favorite, so buying an album is a no-brainer for me. Seeing them in concert? That I would be 50/50. If they replaced Stevie with someone I liked, then 100% yes, I would go see them in concert. As far as supporting FM without Stevie, I bought Time LOL but I didn't like it, and I didn't go to the concerts, either. But I didn't talk badly about people who did go, and I didn't begrudge the band for making a living. I didn't say they should have retired when Stevie and Christine and Rick left the band, I just didn't have the desire to see them live anymore.

Why would I care if Stevie was fired? She's got her own career, she tours on her own all the time, and she refused to make a new album with FM. I would have been completely been fine if they fired her! I bought 2 copies of Buck/Vie, and she wasn't on it. I am never going to feel badly for a millionaire many times over who gets fired from a band whether it's Stevie or Lindsey. Just ain't gonna happen LOL! Sorry if you don't believe me. But I at least hope we have a better understanding for why we each feel the way we do. I feel like I get your pov better now, and I can understand it, even while we disagree. I hope you feel likewise.

Well, then you're a better person than me because you don't talk badly about anybody. Making a living? You're saying they're millionaires and at the same time they're "making a living"? You see? They don't need the money. They're millionaires, as you said. This was pure revenge, and that's why I (and many others here) don't feel inclined to wish them luck in whatever they do. That's why I am waiting for this tour to fail.

All of us know Stevie's place in the music industry. We all know she doesn't need FM, because she has her own career where she feels more comfortable and she tours all the time and sells arenas all the time and have fun all the time. So..... wouldn't have been wiser to leave the band if she didn't want to work with Lindsey anymore? But where's the fun there? Where's the revenge in leaving the band? Yeah, it was more satisfactory for her this way.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.