View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
what size venues should LB tour?

he toured theaters with 2-4 thousand seats on Seeds tour, and mostly even smaller venues on OMS tour. i like the idea of him touring much smaller venues and theaters, like on OMS tour. if they are really small (like Chicago Winery or World Cafe Live in Wilmington), ticket price can be a bit higher because all seats are great.

what about prices?

i think he needs to have a wide range of prices - from very expensive first couple of rows, to very cheap at the back of the venue.

BuckVie prices were a big mistake, imo - all mostly middle of the road why would you buy $69+fees lawn ticket? that makes no sense! bit having $100 front row tickets invites scalpers. so front rows can be way more, while back should be very cheap.

i mean i saw Springsteen on Broadway in that ~500-seat theater, i was in the very back (well there were just 2 rows in the balcony!) and paid only $75, while front rows and orchestra were way more. but there were no bad seats in that theater.
I saw Buck/Vie at the Beacon....that was a great Venue for them. I could see him at Jones Beach if he were to launch this in the summer (sounds like it's fall, but throwing it out there) The paramount on LI would be awesome. I saw Billy Joel there a few years back--it's like playing in your living room. But I agree, he needs to be smart about prices. But I think he is great in an intimate setting. I cannot wait!