View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Not bad..

Mike Campbell.. Can he play? Or yes he can. After listening to this very short set, I enjoyed Mike's guitar playing. (Do I prefer Lindsey? Absolutely, but this is where the band is and Mike is excellent).

Overall, I thought the band sounded good, as they should since there are like 1,000 seasoned musicians on stage. I did like the catwalk on Gold Dust, but I'm assuming this stage setup is only for this venue and the tour stage will not have the walk. And I do wish Stevie would switch up the ending a bit. Still good. I'm mean, do we really expect Fleetwood Mac to reinvent these songs at this point.

Besides no Lindsey, my only issue is Neil Finn. I'm not real familiar with this guy's music - and he is talented - but he doesn't fit into Fleetwood Mac and lacks chemistry with Stevie and Chris.

About them doing songs written by Lindsey - they are Fleetwood Mac songs and Second Hand News is a great concert rocker. However, I would prefer no Lindsey songs, including no Go Your Own Way - the Mac has a deep catalog and should bring in some Stevie and Chris deep cuts.

The audience seemed to love them and they were decent - but Lindsey is definitely missed.