View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Except the timeline doesn’t check out. Disregarding that Lindsey made a cameo on “Time,” it was initially announced in Feb. 1996, four months after “Time” was released, that Mick was working on Lindsey’s album. I actually learned from Dave Mason’s bass player about the breakup of Fleetwood Mac on March 30, 1996 and broke it to the FM online community. And, about six weeks later, “Twisted” came out. It was a crazy whirlwind.

In any event let’s not completely lose perspective, here. Yes, Fleetwood Mac opened for CSN and did that tour with REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar (all PRIOR to FM having an album out), but let’s not pretend that a guy who’s last big gig was opening for Tina Turner (for an album for which he made three videos and tour behind) somehow magically, selflessly rode in on his white horse to save Fleetwood Mac. They needed each other equally, and Stevie, too. The only way they could go forward was getting back together.
I'm not sure how any of this contradicts what I was saying.
I'm well aware Lindsey needed them as much as they needed him and I never implied that he didn't.
But I'm saying that Mick said he reached out to Lindsey during that time and they had a lot of "important talks" and that's how Lindsey ended up bringing him and John out to play for his solo album which as we know eventually turned into the Dance. It was just something from an interview when he was explaining how the band got back together. If I can find the link I'll post it.