View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Thanks for sharing a little personal information. I'd to explore Italy in my lifetime. I was in Venice for a day way back in the eighties, when I went on a month long "Let's blow through Europe" trip with a friend. It was loosely planned; but we were young and stupid.

I have bootlegs of Christine's solo tour, and know what her band sounds like. The opening song is absolutely from her tour. Sonic-wise, and instrumentally it's quality is stark difference from the rest of the show; it's even apparent in the audience applause, as she performed in smaller venues. Christine's band, while very competent, had a more light-weight delivery than Fleetwood Mac. I can see how you might hear Stevie in the mix. Her band was all men, and one of them had a high voice that mimicked the harmonies. I'm really curious how/why that performance got slipped in. Would sure like to have the actual performance.
Tell me whenever you feel like coming to Italy, I'd be glad to be your guide! I have to advise that I'm also very young but maybe I'm not very stupid. It would be a Pity if everithing Americans knew of Italy were Berlusconi.

This thing of "Say you love me" really confuses me, I downloaded this concert a year ago and I always thought it was whole since:
1) Around 8-9 seconds I Hear what I think are Lindsey and John voices saying respectively "Hello!" and "Osaka good evening" and then also Christine saying "Osaka good evening" at 20 seconds circa.
2) After the first 1 minute circa there is the signature Tusk riff that the band used as an intro before the Tusk tour.
3) At 1 minute and 15 second circa I hear in the background, a little buried in the music, someone saying "Ladies and gentleman, please give a warm welcome to Fleetwood Mac!"
4) The higher voice in the chorus is also a bit rough and resembles too much Stevie's. her voice during this evening had a very "particular" sound (I've read in a review she had just been operated or something) you can hear through all the show, so I find it difficult to think that a man could have the same effect.
5) If you hear all three of the Japanese bootlegs, you can hear that they all sound very good without much noise from the crowd. It's a characteristic of the japanese crowd to be "low" since in the japanes traditional culture is considered "ill-mannered" to be too loud in a public event since it could prevent other people from enjoying the event (I know it sounds like bull**** but I studied it in Social Psychology; keep in mind that it was 37 years ago and generally eastern countries are much more traditionalist and conservative than western countries).

I'm starting to think that the link wasn't right. Is this the song we're talking about?: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/c6jw...ou_Love_Me.mp3

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 09-19-2014 at 06:49 AM..