View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
My perla was very bad too, she used to hate me and behaved like the cats you see on "My cat from hell" (for those who don't know the program check it out, it's hilarious: http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/my-cat-from-hell/) but after she turned 12 years old she became a sweetie. And I'm happy I don't have to go to class with my hands and forearms scratched.
I believe that the quality of our pets' life is far more important than the lenght.
Cola is very friendly towards people, he used to beat our old dog up when she was alive (and she was four times bigger than him) so much that she would purposely divert around him to avoid him. He used to bash one of our other cats so badly that she would shake with fear, he bit a chunk out of one of the other cats ears, etc. Then he used to steal food out of the frying pan, still to this day steals food from the kids, especially off of the baby's high chair, (and then has a full on fight with the dog for the spoils of victory), every meal made in the kitchen is a battle to avoid him stealing food while you are cooking. He tends to find himself locked out in his enclosure whenever food is being prepared or if my toddler is eating.

The list is endless...

He is also very sweet, a real charmer, the other cats love him, he domesticated a feral kitten all on his own when we had failed (incredible to watch, he was like a mummy cat) and he never fails to charm visitors when they come over, especially if the visitor is a pretty lady.

A cat of many contrasts...