View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't even listen to FM on the radio anymore. If they come on, I turn the channel. I do listen to GYOW and maybe a deep cut like Warm Ways if it comes on but other than that I am even sick of hearing them.
Maybe I am no longer a fan because I don't even listen to their music anymore.

When Chris re-joined I could not wait to hear her live in concert immediately. I did not see the Unleashed tour and pretty much had given up on the band. Chris re-started my interest in the band. However, looking back it would have been better for the band to go into the studio for a year prior to touring. But we did get Buck/Vie which is such a treat.

All of our opinions matter but I get a kick out of the few who bash the band for not making new music and at the same time don't like or bash Say You Will and Buck/Vie.
Both albums ARE Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey did a fantastic job on both and I appreciate both for different reasons. If you don't like or appreciate these efforts its unlikely you would appreciate anything different just because Stevie is overdubbed into the sound.

What's the most frustrating about being a FM member is IMHO a major part of the band died after Mirage. All the famous 5 line up never created another "commercial free pressure " album since 1979's Tusk. Let me explain: After Tusk, the band felt commercial pressure to make something more radio friendly pop. While Mirage is a great album there was pressure to strip them a little of their creativity. After Mirage and the solo stuff, Tango is pretty much a Lindsey solo project and the pressure to make it commercially successful was even stronger than Mirage. The band had not created anything for half a decade and Mick was in bankruptcy. After Tango the core 5 don't reunite until the Dance where the band only toured with 3 new live songs. HUGE mistake IMHO. After the Dance Christine leaves and Say You Will was without lots of commercial pressure but it still existed but it was without one core member.
So long story short, could you imagine another "Tusk" like album from the 5 that let them be as creative as they wanted?

I think that is what frustrates me from being a fan for so long. I do like Behind the Mask because it expresses creativity that Tango never had but it also scared the band for being a flop in the USA. A Fleetwood Mac album not selling well and no major hits. But I don't care about hits, I care about the music.
I love this and feel much the same, really. So tired of pretending it is 1980 still. The band has produced so little, and chunks of the post-Mirage stuff is dross. Always trying too hard, missing a key member, or recycling Rumours. Some say egos killed the band, I say Rumours did it.