View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I'm not sure if he will even want to stay active as a musician. Such an experience will change your focus. While I really hope that he will fully recover, I'm not even sure if that is possible. He is not a young man - we forget that, because he is so enthusiastic on stage and so full of energy. My Dad was 68, (a non-smoker who did sport and according to his doctor was in great health) when he had his heart attack, he had open heart surgery as well and he recovered. He was a bit more careful with stress after that, but went on doing what he always did, only to have a devastating stroke that left him paralyzed and without any ability to speak or understand language. He lived for 8 more years, we'll never know how much he suffered, he couldn't tell us. I don't wish that on anyone. So - I would like Lindsey to slow down considerable, enjoying a life outside the demands of the music industry.

What really follows me is that Lindsey likely would be dead if he would have been on tour with FM. Collapsed in a hotel room in Denver or Houston, with noone around him.

Maybe being at home just saved his life.
I'm sorry to hear what your father (and you and family) went through.

I also hope that Lindsey is able to slow down and enjoy the precious gift of life with his beautiful family. Music is an incredible gift, but life? As Tyrion Lannister said in the first season of GoT, "Death is so final. Whereas life? Life is so full of possibilities." I'm so grateful he is still here.

Such a scary thought to think of this happening on the FM tour. I do agree the stress of the last year contributed (how could it not?) but the thought of him being alone in a hotel room with no family around is too terrible to ponder for long. Thank God he was home with family to help and care and love him.