Thread: So...now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If only we had a full album of gems like Silver Girl then they’d have had another Rumours on their hands! Oh wait, that was Anger Mc’busers fault too.
In all seriousness, it's interesting to me how divided this board is. I dislike Silver Girl and skip it; a Lindsey fan might say Stevie's songwriting sucks and that's why it's no good, while a Stevie fan might say Lindsey's production sucks and that's why it's no good. I say it's a bad song because it just is. With Thrown Down, Stevie and Lindsey fans might say the exact opposite if they like the song- Stevie is what makes the song good vs Lindsey is what makes the song good. I say it's a good song because it just is. Generally, I admit if I like or dislike a song, I credit (or blame) the songwriter more often than not. And there are definitely a handful of Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine songs that I hate. Not a lot, but definitely a handful. Silver Girl, Family Man, and Honey Hi, are all songs I dislike, but of course plenty of people here like them.