View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think some of his sense of lack of closure boils down to his relationship with Stevie rather than his relationship with Fleetwood Mac per se. Many times in recent years (ever since The Dance, really), he's talked about his (musical and personal) relationship with her being a work in progress, and has said over and over that the two of them haven't written the final pages in that book—two young people who forged ahead together with musical dreams, and so on.

This abrupt separation from the band puts the close on any such hopes he had to satisfactorily complete his story vis-à-vis Stevie. I think at least some of his pain is right there. Thoughts?
Oh, I think a lot of his pain is right there, but he won't say it. He had tried for years to establish a somewhat healthy relationship with her, and after her mother died they got much closer. He probably thought it was the right time to ask for a new album, but Christine came back and in Stevie's mind that meant the end for her and Lindsey's close relationship, because of the obvious musical partnership between Lindsey and Christine.

This display of bitterness on Stevie's side towards him and his whole family (chidren, wife, brother, sister in law, nieces) did not sit well with him, I imagine. They have known each other for more than 50 years. I think he needs this sense of closure with her more than with Fleetwood Mac.

Just my 0.02
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.