View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda
Hmmm? My kids are watching them all the time, especially on weekends. They always have those top 10 or top 20 lists on. That's the only way I know what's popular since I only listen to classic rock, myself.
I agree ! I started watching videos to keep up with what my son is listening to and ended up being more than a classic rock listener.

Drives my son NUTS when I know all the words to one of "his" generation's songs.

I have had soo many thoughts about what could be done for videos, and I'm not even that creative! I thinks lots of cool things could be done.

And regardless of what VH1 is doing schedule wise, videos are still important. I'll bet Madonna will have one splashed every where you look.

Also, and don't hit me here, but I don't see anything wrong with getting a corporate sponser and making a commercial with one of the songs. Heck, I just saw a Toyota commercial last night that had a (I think, don't really remember) Rod Stewart song playing in the background. And it wasn't even a new song! I remember it from my youth.

Has me thinking about Rod Stewart now, doesn't it.

Publicity is there for the taking. Take it!

susieq