Thread: Christine News!
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would far, far prefer a new Christine solo record to her participation in a Fleetwood Mac album.

I think the small handful of us who are Chris fanatics (we know who we are!) would agree on this point.

Of course, I'd welcome her participation on a Fleetwood Mac album too, but as one of the other posters said, if she will only do one, not both, I'll take the solo record.

I like 'In the Meantime' a whole lot, even though I would have made some different production choices. Specifically, I would have featured Chris' keyboards more prominently, and in particular I would have had a grand piano accompaniment for "Calumny."

When you think about it, why shouldn't Chris do another solo record? Musicians don't just stop making music. I like to think of her dabbling with creating an occasional song on a piano in her country home in Kent. There is no pressure on her to create anything. She has plenty of money, and obviously doesn't care much about critical acclaim or record sales. It's the perfect scenario for her to make some new music.

Let's hope this is for real.