View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 03:05 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
The Velvet Underground and Nico, by The Velvet Underground...and Nico. Lou Reed is a genius. So, this album is genius too, all the songs being composed by Lou Reed. Favorite ones : Sunday Morning, Venus in Furs and Heroin.

Oh, excellent choice! "Heroin" is such a good song.

Blood Sugar Sex Magik by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I don't listen to it anymore, but it was the first band and the first album I fell in love with. Favorite songs : Under The Bridge, I Could Have Lied, Give it Away, Blood Sugar Sex Magik...(okay I'm going to listen to this!)
Excellent choices, both. "Heroin" is a damn fine song.

And I love RHCP back in the day, but don't listen to them as much anymore, which I will need to rectify soonly. And speaking of "Under the Bridge," if you haven't seen it, this is full of lulz:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys (1979)
Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon (1973)
The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St. (1972)
Also excellent choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
In one word... Epic. In a few more; I will never get enough of this album. I play it so often, I have two copies. The vocals are perfect, the look is f*ing gorgeous. I'd do a lot for Ziggy Stardust The guitar is infectious and the lyrics are out-of-this-world clever.

Oh my god, this is long O_o
Long is good! I am interested to read everyone's comments & ideas.

And David Bowie is effin' awesome. Since I posted an RHCP lulz, here's a relevant Bowie lulz as well:

"Wear the eyepatch, Bret! Wear the funky, funky eyepatch!"

Flight of the Conchords kinda rocks the earth. If you are interested, there are several more clips from that episode - Ashes to Ashes music video Bowie, 1986 David Bowie from the movie Labyrinth, and then they do a badass song, "Bowie's In Space." Love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
2. MTV Unplugged- Nirvana: Once again another album I has to re-purchase because the CD started to skip from over-use. I love, love the covers on this album especially Where did you sleep last night.

3. Achtung Baby- U2: Many people think The Joshua Tree is their best work, but I've always liked Achtung more. One, Love is Blindness, Mysterious Ways...

7. What's the Story Morning Glory?- Oasis: Great Brit rock from the nineties, and I love it! Don't Look Back in Anger, Champagne Supernova!
Oh man, I love Nirvana's Unplugged album. I played that thing to death, and it still stands up even how many years later. I love, love, love the version of "Something In the Way" on that album. I also agree about Achtung Baby - I always liked it a lot more than Joshua Tree.

And for Oasis, I love "Wonderwall," even if it's kinda cliche. I also really like "What's the Story, Morning Glory?" the track. Has a great sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I wish I could pick a top 20. It's hard to narrow it down to 10 as I like so many other albums equally... for different reasons. The particular ones below, I never tire of listening to.
Gimme the others, too, if you want. I went for 10 because I thought it would be doable enough for most, but if you have more, hit me. I would love to hear about them. I could do a bunch more, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This used to be one of mine, and it's probably his best album, but he's such a douchebag f*ckface, that it's ruined his music for me. Same with Steve Earle.
Oh, do tell - would love to hear about this. And Steve Earle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
1. Days Of Future Passed - The Moody Blues. Simply a must own masterpiece!!
6. The Turn Of A Friendly Card - The Alan Parsons Project. As stated by Zombie.
10. Brothers In Arms - Dire Straits. "Sultans Of Swing" is my favourite songs of theirs, but this is their best album!
!
That's my girl, you know the awesome lethality of the Alan Parsons Project! And major love for the Moody Blues (cold hearted orb that rules the night...I did a speech and drama presentation using that bit of spoken word, and it was great.)

And diggin the Dire Straits, too. Is Six Blade Knife on "Brothers in Arms?" I love that song, but I can't remember and I am lazy and won't Google it.

For anyone that really loves a well-put together concept album, I definitely recommend 666 - Aphrodite's Child. It's based on the Book of Revelation

As an aside, I am kicking myself for not including "Mad Dogs & Englishmen" in my list.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''