View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by golden braid
I love all of the Ramona books and the Dahl books. As a littler kid I liked Frog and Toad and Francis (I think she was a koala bear.) I also liked Shel Silverstein and all of his poetry and the Giving Tree.
OMG..I completely forgot about Ramona!! I LOVED those books, I also liked Judy Blume a lot too...and I also like her adult novels

I have been meaning to go back and read the Narnia books...I had a horrid experience with them in fifth grade though. I had this old balding teacher who always had corn removers on her elbows...and she decided we would read The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe in class...or rather she would read it to us. Well, that's all well and good, but we had to sit up straight in our desks and listen. If we so much as looked to our side or touched a pencil she flipped out. This doesn't bode well for fifth graders...especially me, I've alway been a doodler. So...I hated the books because it was the hardest worst thing to have this woman that we hated reading us a book and not letting us do anything but sit up straight in our desks...but I've heard they're great books...so perhaps one day I will revisit them