View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Remember though, that the '70's wasn't the era of the 'superwoman', i.e. have a full blown successful career, while being a wife, mother, caretaker, etc and look uber-hot while doing it. Women who are career driven while being supermom is the norm now but it wasn't then. I can't help but wonder if Stevie has looked over at Sheryl Crow and thought "well f*ck, why didn't I think of that?!"

And that's interesting about Lori and Chris, I'd never heard that. Do you really think that there was an arrangement?
I do think there was an arrangement, of sorts. I've heard a few things.

You are right about the 70's chicks. But then there was the 80's. And even in the 70's famous chicks had kids. Even before, long time ago. That's why we have those books like "Mommie Dearest" and stuff. But seriously, I think the ladies could have worked it out if they had wanted to. It is very prevalent today, famous women having the babies, but it's not like there were no examples before, and not like our girls couldn't have thought of a way. There have always been nannies and stuff. Tina Turner and Diana Ross have bunches of kids, don't they?
I think part of Stevie's thing is that she quit drugs pretty late, almost in her 40's. Then she was on different drugs. lol. I dunno, I'm not saying they don't have regrets about it, but I'm not sure they are crushing, all consuming regrets. I'm mostly speaking for Stevie, I've never heard of Chris's opinion. Although, she was way less busy than Stevie, so if she wanted a child, I think she would have had one. Especially since she hates touring and stuff. I kinda think Chris would mostly do whatever she wanted.
You know, I'm sure they both felt they had a lot of other important things to do. Not putting thoughts in their brain, but if I had to choose kids or dancing across the stages of the world...that would be a short decision. I don't even dance across the stages of the world and I don't have kids.
Howevah, I wish they had had kids, cause I love them both, and would want some kind of genetic legacy...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -