View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=THD;1124577]touring ? And I would say ,that seeing as McVie and Fleetwood were not composers, they would have earned far less money than the other members of the band -the songwriters (unless ,as I said, some exceptional arragement was made )and therefore may have had a valid case that they needed more money ?

I forgot to add :

As we now know from the many documentaries about rock bands of the last forty years (Eagles ,Spandeau Ballet etc ), many bands split or continue struggling on, but with the band members hating each other , once it dawns on the non composing members just how much money the writers are getting in as a result of composing the songs - money from airplays round the world in addition to the performing on record money If the song is covered by another artist** that artists airplay and record sales all over the world can generate huge sums -other band members don't get that and it can be the root of great resentment !

** Santana band's coverage of Black magic Woman would be a classic example of this -Peter getting huge amounts of money as the writer -feeling very guilty about it (for his own reasons ) McVie , Spencer and Fleetwood, getting none of it (the Santana generated money ) unless Peter decided to privately give them some share of it !(Which he may have done for all I know !) That's the recipe for the break up of the original line up of this band but it broke up for possibly the antithesis of this, and not until they had reached (in my opinion )A great artistic peak prior to Peter's quiting !

Last edited by THD; 04-03-2014 at 12:53 PM..