View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
No, that house was described as a "1927 two-story, Spanish-style abode". Here is the link.

If Stevie bought the colonial house in June 2005, then it must be the one she talks about in that Australian interview, which was issued in December 2005. It says:

"Like a true gypsy, Stevie moves often (on tour she often changes rooms in the same hotel after a while) and is actually leaving this home for a new house two blocks away, where every room, she says, will be recreated as it is here.
"This house was a great bachelorette house, but there's a not enough privacy if I want to have a man here, or friends to stay, or my family. We would all be on top of each other. I have god-daughters and a niece I adore, and I want to have them with me." "

And it turns out the move wasn't what she thought it would be:
"Nicks has lived here for two years, and it was a mistake, she says, from day one. So she is moving to a penthouse apartment on the beach and the house is on the market.
'I saw it, and there was this big family living here that obviously loved it. So there was a vibe here. And something in me thought, maybe I can have that. I was not here three days before I thought, what the hell do I here? I was too shallow and stupid to realise that it wasn't the house I'd fallen in love with but the mom and the dad and the four kids, and the smells of the cooking.' "
link

It seems rather sad that she expected a bunch of friends and family to join her at the big new house. . . and no one showed up? And then she winds up in an apartment, which is surely smaller than the Spanish house. None of this makes any sense to me. What does Stevie want from life?
I wonder if this was the house that she lived in when she wrote 'Rock a Little'? The one where she described the loud crashing of the waves that literally rocked the house? Is this the house where the garage caught fire ('Fire Burning')? Is this the house that's near Steven Speilberg's?