View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Ive often thought the same thing about Stevie's voice. Not only has she lost much of her range, but she's lost pretty much all of her vocal flexibility and beautiful, warm tone. Her voice used to be so buttery and strong; it sounds so thin & strained now. At least she has mostly migrated away from the flatness she exhibited so heavily during the first 10 or so years of this century. I blame her flat, shrieking, belting vocals on that awful coach who "saved" her voice. She still has her moments, but her voice is mostly gone now. I remember thinking how terrible she sounded during the Street Angel tour, but compare those shows to modern Stevie and it's shocking how good she was then compared to now.

The whole negativity that Stevie has harped on for a decade regarding SYW just baffles me to death. The Destiny Rules doc shows nothing but Lindsey catering to Stevie, and being extraordinarily supportive and patient with her. Yes, they had their one little tiff, but even Stevie admitted the next day that she was over it. So when I hear Stevie harp on how awful SYW was, I just groan. I suspect she's projecting her own inadequacies on Lindsey.

I think with SYW, it might not have necessarily been entirely Lindsey himself but more of like, the direction he was going in/his process. I don't think she liked how the songs turned out so she doesn't trust him to produce for her anymore, even though with the exception of two, I think her songs on it are actually great. And she probably gets tired of his obsessive perfectionism. Also I feel she, probably more her than him, has more sensitivity issues with things, like things that wouldn't necessarily bother other people bother her-- the annoying Bob Dylan thing being a good example. I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said but she kept bringing it up all the time, when it was in the IYD doc, I cringed.

Like after he left the band, she was ****-talking him 24/7 and said how he never really wanted to be close to her after they split up and all this other stuff. Lindsey even said in his USC thing a while back how for him to deal with their issues, the way was to keep interaction to a minimum. So to me it sounds like, instead of screaming at each other 24/7, it was like they would (mostly) argue over songs in the studio, then go on tour and then go home. If she was so unhappy then she should've been happy when he left but she was still constantly dragging him through the mud in all these interviews, like nothing could've pleased her.
And read an interview with her when she said how he saw her performance of Lady on Jimmy Fallon and told her he thought it was beautiful and she still sounded annoyed, like she wanted more. I don't want to sound like I'm judging a situation I don't know, but I feel Stevie just expects him to be like her bff, congratulate everything she does, cater to her, be all loving and happy dappy, do whatever she wants etc. And he obviously doesn't so then that's how they still have that battle. Not like he's a saint, no doubt he's had moments especially in the past where he could be mean and definitely was sarcastic to her, but now I think she just expects too much.

Or I could be totally wrong I don't know it's just my two cents.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 11-09-2016 at 04:50 PM..