View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
As for Buckingham's experimental stuff... some of it works and some of it doesn't. But by the same token... isn't it good that the guy wants to push the envelope a bit? Wouldn't it be a little bit boring if the guy had just did the same thing over and over for the last 40 years?

I kinda dig Tusk by the way.
You'll soon discover that Tusk is the most beloved Mac album by us fellow hardcore fans. Mick himself has even agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
OK, here's a bit of an "out there" thought that I think a lot of you are not going to like. But since Christine McVie is rejoining restoring the classic Rumours line up, and Rumours STILL makes headlines years after it was released... maybe a new album could be Rumours Part II?

A full on sequel to that album, where the personal story of the band is updated to where it is now? Offer some kind of closure to some of the stuff that was happening on that album? A DIRECT response? It would be a hell of a difficult trick to pull off - but boy I'd respect them for at least taking up the challenge.

Please don't flame me for that... I'm just trying to think outside the box a little bit here...
You're probably on to something. Say You Will was sort of the spiritual successor to Tusk... and the band hasn't seemed satisfied with the results. In my opinion it wasn't as artistically successful because of Christine's absence. It needed her counterpoint. Extended Play was a return to Lindsey being super conservative & pop-oriented. Christine has mentioned in the press that the batch of songs she has recently recorded are very much in the vein of her classic 1970s sound. So signs are pointing to a new album being a familiar, approachable style.