Thread: Majority Rules
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sodascouts, I think it's important to remember that no one on this forum truly knows what went down when Lindsey was fired. Everybody is speculating, but no one really knows. Just because someone says it was only Mick and Stevie's decision to fire Lindsey doesn't mean it's true. Trying to formulate theories based on casual comments is fruitless, such as the decision supposedly being made while Christine was out of the country. Even if true, she still had a voice and a choice in the matter. The fact she's still with FM tells me she ultimately agreed with the decision to fire Lindsey.
I agree we don't know exactly what went down, and we should be careful not to present theories as facts (myself included).

However, unless Christine is not telling the truth, she and Lindsey were not part of the vote. That is a matter of record.

Thus, when Mick repeatedly says "majority rules," he is being disingenuous. "Majority rules" implies that they all discussed firing Lindsey, with each side presenting its case, and then they all voted. However, according to the CBS interview, they waited until two of the members left, neither of whom even knew this vote was going to take place.

I therefore am unmoved by the claims of "majority rules."

PS Look at it this way. If Lindsey had called John and said "Hey, I've got Christine on the other line. Three of us are a majority. Let's vote out Stevie. Once we make our decision, we'll let Mick and Stevie know the outcome." Would that have really flown?