View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Wow for me that's really the opposite. I almost always like Christine's songs mostly just because they're catchy and easy on the ears, but I rarely associate her songs with much "feeling", the way I do for Lindsey and Stevie. I guess that's just a telling of how different peoples tastes/interpretations of music are. I think Stevie's classic songs are some of the best lyrics ever, but just as many people probably think they're trite. And I think Lindsey's songs are mostly really clever and intense but to many others they're just crazy or confusing.
I always see Christine as "I write songs."

I see Lindsey and Stevie as [/INTENSE STARING] "I write poems and melodies with structure and depth. The amount of time I spend doing this is more than most people spend on a 9-5 job because my brain is constantly thinking of words, melodies and guitar parts."

I think I mentioned in a post recently that Stevie's words may be pretty and poetic at times, but I connect with Lindsey's moreso because of his simplicity. They have ALL written crap, but overall, their music is amazing and I love it. Danny Kirwan is included in this too, as I love his stuff. He was pretty flowery at times too. I always say Steve and Lindsey are a great mix of Danny.

This is why debating who is the BEST writer, singer, etc. in the band is stupid. LOL We ALL love someone different for various reasons. Some of us love When I See You Again...some hate it. Meh. There's enough output for all of us to get some goodies.

All that said...I am PEEVED to high heaven right now with this situation.