Thread: It Takes Time
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Ledgie

"It takes time" is also one of my favorite up-tempo songs from the FM songbook.
I have some info on two of the three recordings you mention, BklynBlue, that could help set the records straight when it comes to recording dates and venues.

On the original recording from Konserthuset in Orebro on Nov 6, 1969, "It takes time" starts right after the instrumental intro verse, runs for almost six minutes and is immediately after the last chord followed by "Sugar Mama" (I know, I sat very close to the "recording equipment" ).

They didn't play at the Golden Circle in November 69, the club actually closed down in 1968 and that year, -68, FM did play there, on November 17. But no trace of "It Takes Time" on the setlist from that gig.

However they played "It Takes Time" at Konserthuset in Stockholm on Nov 4, 1969, and that version runs for almost seven and a half minute, so it could be that version you mention as the Golden Circle version.
They also played at Konserthuset in Stockholm in March 1969 and I think I've seen a setlist from that concert sometime. I'll try to see if I can find it.