View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
This is good to hear. So her voice was in good form?
For what I’m assuming her voice is capable of, yeah she sounded pretty good. I don’t know that she can sound as great as many would like anymore but she sounded notably better, in my opinion, than at the Buckingham/McVie show I saw a little over a year ago. And i think it’s Black Magic Woman that she really gets to playing the keyboard on or maybe one other song of hers (I need to look and see if I got a clip or which song I’m thinking of) but for all that’s been discussed about her inability to play she was really playing and seemed to be enjoying at a couple of points. Someone from Tulsa described her playing as looking painful and I kind of agree, there’s a stiffness. But solely to her playing. Like otherwise she seemed great and seemed to be enjoying herself. And her Stevie engaged some very sweet looks. And both Neil and Mike were playing up next to her a bunch and she seemed to be enjoying that too. But you could read the history and love between her and Stevie big time. It was the only thing that felt Fleetwood Mac in that sense.

Overall without Lindsey and his energy and his thrilling the crowd... Mike was often way over in the corner alone. Neil doesn’t at all engage the crowd or have the pull Lindsey does. And the entire show there was a lot of the band members turning inward at each other- often literally turning away from the crowd. It felt... odd. I didn’t feel engaged with on a level not only that I’d want and expect with FM but honestly, not even on a level I’d expect from literally any artist or band at a live show. I thinks that’s also what made it harder for me to enjoy the show or how I really slipped off into my twitter rants and such. I don’t know how to better describe it but it was maybe my biggest take away. They felt more alone in their own little bubble than ever.