View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
"Christine, John, they are just wonderful people and we have a blast every night. I know it is hard for them losing a member, I have lost a member. It’s sad but you have to carry on and I think we are doing a good job."

they say this stuff and you gotta wonder whether they are stupid or just so incredibly blasé and callous about stuff like other people's lives.

Christine and John didn't lose a band member like Mike did. they contributed to him being ousted by standing by and watching Mick and Stevie do it. and then getting on with a program of advertising the happy happy happy times. if they both put their foot down, they could have stopped it. instead they are all "oh loss" and "had to happen" - no, it did not. are they all really that dense?

i like how Mike is trying to wash his hands - oh i didn't know! but how about asking Lindsey, Mike? you know, guy who is your friend and a fellow musician? ask him what's going on? and now when you do know? you say how great it all is, and how you will be waiting by the phone to maybe be called again? interesting that he speaks of FM as they, not "us" - completely ruining Mick's narrative that they are all FM now.

To be fair, I'd take some positivity from this. The way he says 'I know its hard for them losing a member', would suggest John and Chris aren't necessarily happy bunnies. Of course people can go on and argue about how neither of them stepped in and stopped it happening. But at least it seems there's some upset in the camp.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood