View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But when you're seventy, what can you do with all of that money. You have real property and expensive assets already. In Stevie's position, I couldn't get all that excited about leaving all that money to her niece.

Now, Stevie probably feels an obligation to her solo tour crew who now make their living off of her. So, she wants Waddy and Sharon to be financially set for their retirements. Lori will be treated like family in her will, I guess.

But at some point, even the lure of more money seems empty.

The adulation is a different thing. I suppose the rock stars want that until they take their last breath. They like being iconic and powerful, large and in charge.
I think this is what it comes down to for Stevie. Having fallen off her perch at the top of the industry back in the late 80s/90s until The Dance, she knows how the biz treats you when you're up vs when you're down. She likes being UP. She likes being well-regarded. It reminds me of a recent comment by Lindsey Graham about why he would embrace Trump after what Trump said about his bestie John McCain. Graham said it made him "feel relevant" being at the center of all the key decisions being made. I think same for Stevie-- she likes being part of the conversation about who's doing what in her industry; she likes 'her band' being among the top of the charts with their tour; she likes being 'relevant'