View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittermoondust View Post
I thought I remembered seeing a video for Oh Diane as well that should be added to the list don't you think?? And I agree that Isn't it Midnight and Sara from the Tusk documentary should be left off just because it has already been released and would be released again if those concerts went on DVD. Rhiannon from the Midnight Special would be great though as that hasn't been officially released on anything yet Also if getting names might be a problem--could people that are going to some of Stevie's up coming concerts maybe leave some flyers around or something like that to get more signatures and get the word out?? Just a thought......

~Amy~

Just for anyone who wasn't aware: Both Rhiannon and Over My Head from the Midnight Special are on DVD. In fact, I just watched them tonight! Unfortunately those DVDs are not sold retail--they are part of a series of Midnight Specials that you buy as a package. I saw the informercial on TV late one night and had to have them! They send one each month - 2 from each year spanning 1973-1981. The very first one was a "million seller" comp. that included Rhiannon. The first 1976 DVD contained Over My Head (both songs were obviously performed at the same show).

Aside from these great performances, the collection is an amazing, unbelieveable capsule that shows how wacky and wonderful the seventies were for its diversity; quite an education for those who lived through it and those who came after! I highly recommend them ...especially when you're high! Plus the quality is stunning...you would swear they filmed them yesterday.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-18-2008 at 11:56 PM.