View Single Post
Old 08-21-2001, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Jo and Jensen...

I put a poll up a while ago called "ken's DVD" asking people if they wanted it to be a music video compliation or a mixture or strictly live performances but this was back when we were in the belief that we were limited to 10-12 songs. As the news has come down that Ken says now that they will let the collection run from 90 minutes to 2 hours (naturally, we are trying to get the set list we come with to be close to 2 hours!) So, with this length in mind, it seems to have been agreed that the "complete" band music videos will take one hour so as a compromise, the other hour is going to be the "best of live" performance stuff compilation so both sides of the coin can be happy. As the music vid list is "just about" done (Johnny Stew is checking in to "Family man" being a legit video), we are now trying to concentrate our efforts on an even list for the live performances. It is a given that Christine will have the most writers credits overall but we are hoping to well represent Stevie and Lindsey and touch on the pre BN line ups with a few things (as the post BN lineups will be as well covered as can be with some of the later music vids). With these thoughts in mind, it has become virtually impossible to include complete live footage and have a well rounded representation without chopping into footage (much to my own personal dismay but I do understand this after all) and as most fans of the strictly BN lineup wish to see footage of different "eras" (i.e. Rumours, Mirage, Dance, etc.) I came up with a list of live TV performances a while ago on this thread that many seemed to like but the problem was that some of the footage that would appear to obviously be in Warners vaults (Hall of fame stuff, etc.) is not on their vault list! So this does pose a problem given all of the above "wants" of various fans and what is available to us. It does appear clear that we will not go with segments from the Mirage video, the dance release itself, etc. as these can be purchased in their entirety elsewhere and as fans, this is the whole point we do this as we want to get some rare stuff out there that we either haven't seen before or that is so many generations old in our collections that a freshly made original would be invaluable to us and would still include great performances of the band we promise! (as the idea that we include the Clinton "Don't stop" was nixed because it was not deemed an acceptable performance regardless of it's historical importance to the band which was the main reason I wanted it included). Anyways, after all has been said and done on all of this, and given the limitations of what is available to us and what we as fans will accept. My last attempted list seems to have taken in OK but it may require a few adjustments, as least I think it's a step in the right direction and I hope it can be seen as a real choice as a setlist for the disc (if you scroll up in this thread it will be there one or two posts ago for me. Check it out against the vault list and let us know what you think. If you like it, let us know so we can maybe move forward to the next step with it and if you don't like it, say so too so you can suggest what changes you think should be made to it. I hope you like it though as I think I've covered alot of the politics involved as well as possible under the circumstances. Same goes for everyone else, we should really try to move things along here. What do you think is the best ideas you've read/seen so far? (Hopefully Stewy can get a hold of some of those set lists for capitol center '75 and some of those other vague concert listings on the vault list to give us more ideas about this. OK people, let's hear it, what do you think?

John