View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB says he and SN are actors playing a part

http://oldies1017.com/The_Music_World.php

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM SAYS HE AND STEVIE NICKS ARE ACTORS PLAYING A PART

Lindsey Buckingham says that due to his and Stevie Nicks' longstanding history, these days the pair are able to take on the roles of actors playing a part. Buckingham, who'll be on the road with Fleetwood Mac through the end of the year, told Hitfix.com, "You can slip into these roles and it's not that the feelings that you have aren't. . . it doesn't mean they are any less authentic. But at this point, to some degree, what Stevie and I have, we've played these characters for so long, y'know, and it doesn't threaten anything having to do with my home life, my wife completely understands the dynamic of it. There's a certain aspect of professionalism to it."

He touched upon the fact that his relationship with Nicks -- whom he officially split up with romantically in 1976 -- has changed substantially over the past decade: "I think that difference between Stevie and me right now on this tour: If you go back two tours to 2003, we had just finished doing our last album, Say You Will, and I had produced that. And there was a certain, I wouldn't call it an animosity, but there was a lot of tension between Stevie and me. Some of that polarity clearly played out on stage and, in a way, it made for a very interesting show. When you cut to 2009, that had been kind of neutralized, but there was nothing so tangible between us. And now, it's sort of swung the other way where there's more of a connection. There's more of a mutual acknowledgment of what we've been through, an openness to acknowledge it on stage."

Lindsey Buckingham explained to us how the Buckingham-Nicks relationship evolved on the road over the past decade: "Well, y'know, it's funny, if you go back 10 years ago when we toured behind the Say You Will album, there was one dynamic (a) very marked difference from now in terms of -- especially in terms of Stevie and myself. And I thinking in some ways our polarity was service and was being dealt with, but had sort of come to a head on that tour and it kind of made it interesting. In 2009 when we toured, it had kind of been neutralized, but y'know, it was sort of nothing, y'know, in terms of that."

Fleetwood Mac North American tour dates (subject to change):
June 7 - Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum
June 8 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
June 10 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
June 12 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
June 14 - Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena
June 15 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
June 18 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
June 19 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center
June 21 - Mansfield, MA - Comcast Center
June 22 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon At Jones Beach Theater
June 24 - Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
June 26 - Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena
June 29 - Spokane, WA - Spokane Arena
June 30 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena
July 3 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
July 5 - San Diego, CA Viejas Arena
July 6 - Sacramento, CA - Sleep Train Arena

AUDIO: LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM ON 2003 AND 2009 FLEETWOOD MAC TOURS

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"