View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yes, let’s ask a 75 year old to choose between a close friend of 50 years and her former husband/now considers a brother over someone who isn’t necessarily a close friend, but a creative partner/bandmate/co-worker to pick a loyalty over a decision she didn’t agree with. As far as Chris is concerned, Lindsey is/was a bandmate whom she held in the highest regard, Mick and John are family. Big difference.

Christine was there for the history of Fleetwood Mac that actually mattered (1968-1998). She was there with Peter Green (as a session player), joined the band shortly after Green’s departure, and stayed with them for the better part of 27 years, suffering through the revolving door of personnel only to become the band’s chief hit writer. Fleetwood Mac has really been her life, and I think it’s unreasonable to hold her to some unreasonable, unrealistic standard based on something we don’t have enough information to accurately judge.

I doubt even Lindsey would expect her to pick sides on this, hence his factions comments. He gets it. Too bad some of his fans don’t. They have all made it clear that she had nothing to do with the decision. To expect that she would leave is ludicrous, and to think she could have stopped something that had already happened isn’t too far behind.
Thanks again for your well reasoned posts. A pleasure to read.

I realise emotions are running high, and people are angry, but there's some very irrational thinking behind many of the posts on this board right now.