View Single Post
Old 08-24-2003, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
Some of this stuff I'm reading is crazy.... Can someone help me connect the dotes?

What I'm confused about is, why would fans be dissapointed when they first saw Stevie?
If you had seen Stevie on TOSOTM tour in '89 and that was your first time seeing her, you were in for a shock. She sang in a strange monotone, due to the klonopin, I'm sure and was very heavy. She stood at the microphone and didn't move. It was only two years earlier that she looked and sounded like her incredible self with Fleetwood Mac. Then, on the next tour, the BTM tour with FM, she was thin, effusive and fine in her performances. Then again, for Timespace she had gained weight but sounded fine. So in essence, post Betty Ford there seemed to be a lot of extremes in Stevie's music, health, performance and appearance after coming off of a 10-15 year drug habit (s). It would take anyone time to sort it out. Then she got hooked on a prescription drug. By the time she got off of that, the industry had changed, she hadn't made a record in a while and what she put out wasn't (she felt) her best work. The record was a commercial failure in comparison to her past work. So she did something very smart. She took a break, put herself back together and reconnected with Lindsey to do a song for a movie soundtrack, Twister. One thing lead to another and they decided to do The Dance.
Hope this answers some of your questions.