View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

What a moving blog you posted, elle!

As for me - I feel like I really didn't make the most of my meet'n'greet with Lindsey.

As I walked up to him, he gave me this warm smile. I just instinctively went to hug him. As my arms started to go around him, I thought, Nancy, this might not be cool with him. I froze right before I made contact and quickly asked, "Is this appropriate?" He laughed and completed the hug, so I knew all was well. lol

Afterwards, as I said in my review, I told him how much I appreciated he was doing "Soul Drifter" - that the song meant a lot to me. He thanked me and commented that the song had taken on an entirely new meaning for him now. Of course, he didn't need to elaborate upon WHY. I replied, "I imagine so!"

We snapped our picture together and this is where I faltered. Instead of thinking of something clever to say, I said, "So nice to meet you... although we just talked for like a couple minutes.. " He looked a bit concerned, like he was afraid I was complaining, so I rushed to add, "I'm just so glad we got to do even that..." He smiled and nodded, and I knew it was time for me to walk away.

UGH. Well, even as I cringed at my clumsy parting words - and wished I had said something a bit more meaningful before ending our interaction - I was still able to pull myself together enough to ensure that my friends and I got an extra picture as a group instead of just individuals. Lindsey had zero problems with that. Too bad that my job as negotiator for the pic meant that I was on the edge and didn't get to stand next to Lindsey again as my two friends did (not that I begrudged them)!

Lindsey was patient and sweet. I just wish I looked cuter in my pic with him, but that's not his fault, lol.

Now, in truth, I had met the man before, and in a much different setting which allowed for more conversation. However, in terms of what these photo sessions are like, Lindsey did not disappoint.

Last edited by sodascouts; 11-29-2018 at 10:50 PM..