View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 12:04 AM
Ledgie

Loving these comments! Love Xtine McVie, too... though, like other have noted, sometimes she doesn't ever seem to go far enough. There's always a slight detachment with her. That being said...

Don't know how unpopular these would be, but:
—The pre-LBified "Hold Me" is incredible and would have been a hit with all that good-timey rockin' and SN/CMcV harmonizing. The released version obvs brings it into the present/future, but it was such a great 70s-jam it would have been nice to hear it that way from the start (anyone else suspect the LBification had a lot to do with pulling out SN's voice... FM never really let the two of them "join forces"...prob would have been too big an ego-blow to all three guys). The addition of the male voices doing the "come on and" is key, though.

—Love her Mirage songs! "Love In Store" is a favorite! "Only Over You" is also wonderful, as is "Wish You Were Here" (add "Hold Me" and they might be her strongest set of songs in one place, which is tough bc her Tango songs are also stellar)...

—"Wish You Were Here" definitely quote/cribs/calls back to "Silver Springs" in its opening piano part.

—Some of her Chicken Shack stuff is better than what she was doing with FM until SN/LB joined. Some of her early FM vocals are WEIRD. (Love "Blues is a Woman" and other Chicken Shack songs)

Maybe a little more unpopular:
—Sometimes I wonder what she'd be like if she did have more of a "spark"... she can be rote and kind of clinical, even when she sometime juxtaposes opposites in weird and interesting ways (how "Don't Stop" can be a very positive message and at the same time cynical, "if you life was bad to you/just think what TOMORROW WILL DO)"... Like how she said once that if she didn't write it in 30 minutes she'd give up and move on. Imagine how awesome she'd be if she worked a little harder LOL.

AND THE REAL UNPOPULAR OPINION:
—I don't think this new drama is entirely SN/Mick F at all. CMcV has SOMETHING to do with this, beyond being a member of FM.

Surely all this hand/face action from the CBS interview isn't because she's mad about LB being "fired"...https://ibb.co/ek6bXf