View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg cream View Post
I don't recall ever hearing her adopt a Spanish/Mexican-American accent.

She grew up in the Southwest; that alone explains any knowledge of or preference she might have for Mexican slang/food/etc. There are probably a few Latino/a folks scattered throughout her family, but there's no evidence that Stevie herself has Latin roots or grew up with Latin culture in her household. This is Stevie we're talking about. Don't you think we would have heard about it a bajillion times if she were Mexican?
Haha,true. I am Latino, and have been a fan since I was a child. I did hear somewhere that she was Latin, but I just don't really think so......BUT, if she was....she would have talked "about it a bajillion times if she were Mexican?".

I ADORE Stevie, but her interviews are almost like a poem are script...... and ofcourse they always start with "When I was senior in high school and Lindsey was a Junior".........she always throws Lindsey into her interviews atleast a few times. It just goes to show you, true love never dies.

So, back to her being Latin....I am sure she would have said something like "When I was a senior and had just met Lindsey, I would meet him at my mom's house after cleaning houses, and him writing music all day and not working, and just have a grand Mexican feast....My mom always made the best tortillas as she told me to never give up on my dreams because dad liked landslides....and I would always eat hot tamales in the fabulous black velvet room where dreams was written, and ofcourse that skit for Fajita Round up was based on a true story....so have you any beans you'd like to sell me, beans of lone-ly-ness............" Oohhhh....Kay.....!!! It's late and I am tired and babbling...LOL

Last edited by Etisl; 07-19-2012 at 11:00 PM..