View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Ledgie

It is, indeed, very exciting.

Lindsey's "SEEDS WE SOW" album and his three contributions on "EXTENDED PLAY" were nothing short of stellar. I still say "SEEDS WE SOW" is Lindsey's strongest solo album (with "Out of the Cradle" and "Gift of Screws" very, very close behind) and I think he's going to be doing everything in his power to ensure the success of this album. I think he won't shy away from being plenty "commercial" in the hopes of proving Stevie wrong about the whole: "Nobody buys records anymore" theory. Sure, the record-buying market is FAR from being what it once was, but there's still a market out there and just a good showing in the charts would be fantastic.

Christine is usually excellent when she's in good hands. I think, "IN THE MEANTIME" had some very strong songs but I also think her nephew probably let her do anything she wanted and was a little too obsessed with finding the Fleetwood Mac 1975/77 sound with a (big) shot of "Behind the Mask". Imagine "Friend" and "You Are" in the hands of Buckingham. I think those would've been stellar. "Northern Star" and a couple others were full of potential too so - yes, it's looking very, very good for this album.