View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowk View Post
I haven't Christopher Hjort's book. I've known sessonographies by Mario Pirrone (from not existing site about P. Green), by Martin Celmins and from http://www.chromeoxide.com/mayall.htm.
I think there were at least two radio sessions.
First session is mentioned in all these sessionographies:
Riding On The L & N
Sitting In The Rain
Dust My Blues
Curly
Top Of The Hill
Second session is mentioned only on http://www.chromeoxide.com/mayall.htm.
RADIO SESSION: 9/66 - 4/67 - BBC
Riding On The L & N
Sitting In The Rain
Leaping Christine
In my opinnion these tracks may have been recorded 23rd January 1967 and are included on A Hard Road CD.
Regards
Krzysztof
Hi Krzysztof. I think that all these tracks (from both of your lists above) are most likely from the same Januray 23 session, although Celmins and Mario's lists do not include "Leaping Christine", and the Chrome Oxide list omits several tracks. The three tracks listed in the Chrome Oxide sessionography were available together on bootleg for some time before the re-issue of A Hard Road. The version of "Curly" that is probably from the same session is still only on bootleg. "Dust My Blues" and "Top Of The Hill" have never been issued officially or on bootleg.

I recommend the book by Christopher Hjort - as with all of these sources, I'm sure not all the information in there is 100% accurate, but it's very interesting. As mentioned before, that's the only source I know of that mentions the February BBC session. The book states that none of the tracks from that February session have surfaced, although it mentions "No More Tears" and "Curly" as being among the four tracks performed......so it's possible that the recently-released version of "No More Tears" and the other bootleg version of "Curly" could be from that session.