Thread: Danny and Janis
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OK aleuzzi, here's what Dinky Dawson has to say in his book......although I don't know if I'd call it "romantic"

He first mentions that Janis "made eyes" at Danny during Fleetwood Mac's set when she came onstage with them during their shows at the Fillmore West in San Francisco in January 1969. Next mention is that Janis turned up before their soundcheck in Stockholm - that would have been the 1 April '69 show - looking for Danny. As Dinky says, she got right to the point, telling Dinky "I want to f*** him!" He says that the band showed up shortly afterwards and that Danny was uncomfortable since he'd heard that Janis was in town. Peter told Danny "She's going to get you", and John McVie added "There's no way out, Danny."

Dinky writes that Danny didn't want to attend a party being thrown for the band after their show so he wouldn't run into Janis, but Dinky told him "Just take your punishment like a man." Dinky writes that Janis was right at the door and grabbed Danny as soon as the band arrived. Dinky says he told her "Be careful with him, he's still a young man" and that she replied "That's why I want him. Now don't you guys worry, he's in good hands now!"

Dinky continues that the following morning as the band was checking out of their hotel, he saw Danny sitting in a chair in the lobby. He yelled at them "You left me, you bastards!" but Dinky said he had a huge smile on his face. Dennis Keane asked him "Good or what?" Dinky writes that Danny replied "Too good, I'm sore all over!" and he joked "I think I'm going to get married!" Dinky mentions that he ran into Janis a few weeks later in London and that she asked if he brought "you-know-who" but that's the last he writes about her in his book.