View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Makes me wonder more about the discussions about firing Lindsey. If you knew this was your last tour, why boot him then? As LB points out, it sort of sh&ts on your legacy and the whole point of going out 'one last time'. A final tour should be a love letter to your fans and all the highlights of your career.
The whole point of firing Lindsey was giving him a lesson. No matter if if it was their last tour or if they were still planning on doing another tour. She waited until Musicares, but I have the feeling she wanted to fire him even before that event. Hey, at least she had the heart to let him receive his award in front of his family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
The show (Boston 3/31) was weird. It wasn't like Say You Will when Christine just left. All I could think about the whole time was how they "fired" him. After all those years, all those albums, they just said goodbye. It just felt wrong. There was this underlying mean-spirited feeling that held over the whole show.

Of course, I still love Stevie and Christine. But, we're in a fight.
What people don't understand is that they just. don't. care. They don't care about the legacy, they don't care about fans' feelings, and they certainly don't care at all about Lindsey's condition.

It's just the flu. She will be fine. She's inmortal.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-08-2019 at 06:17 PM..