View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Why did Lindsey saying that in a solo show make you give up? What did you think he meant by that? I don’t think that Lindsey would perpetuate a false, star-crossed Stevie and Lindsey drama at a solo concert.
It sounds like Cast Away Dreams intro. I always understood that as finally giving up on being a commercial solo artist - something he pursued at the OOTC time and why he was sitting on OOTC for so long making it come out at exactly the wrong time to be commercial. If you watch his documentary that comes with Bass Hall it is pretty clear he was stuck on whether or not to still try something commercial solo, or just release stuff without worrying too much.

If you think this was about some kind of shipperdom thing, that’s your own problem.

IMO, although many say that the recent happenings are about Stevie still being stuck on LB romantically while he moved on long time ago and she finally realized that, I always maintain that while those 2 have weird symbiotic relationship it’s not nearly as much about the couple thing as people romanticize and as they’d like you to think, but about competition about their careers. They both know neither one would be as successful as they are without the other and they probably both hate it. Just look at the ridiculous fan discussions of its all one or its all the other ongoing all over social media.

Like I think last night I saw someone posted here “it wouldn’t be FM without Stevie” - well, guess what, I bet that person goes ballistic when someone says “ it’s not FM without Lindsey”.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"