View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
So again, I'm all for calling Lindsey out on stuff and I actually do believe he was physically at times and certainly emotionally abusive to her, and that she's covered for him on the physical stuff, but get your facts right.
I agree. If Stevie said Lindsey was abusive toward her I would believe her, both because his exes have already alleged abuse and because we have heard about Lindsey's possessive and controlling behavior time and time again, from myriad sources. I do not think that Stevie would want to ruin Lindsey's reputation by coming forward with abuse allegations even if he had abused her.

That said, did Rita Skeeter write this article?? Nearly every quote here seems taken out of context.

I have never heard the story about Stevie telling her mother that Lindsey had thrown her to the floor however if I recall correctly, the Tango incident has been addressed numerous times and by her own admission, Stevie lunged at Lindsey in a moment of heated anger, commencing a physical altercation on both sides.

Stevie has described Lindsey as condescending toward her musical instincts and possessive of her personally however while this could constitute abuse, the article's salacious tone seems at odds with Stevie's own accounts of these events. For example, I did not think that Stevie blamed Lindsey exclusively for the Buckingham Nicks cover, although she has made it clear that she felt violated and he did not understand why. The article implies that Lindsey pressured Stevie into the topless photo shoot and that triggered her to consider quitting music.

I've never heard that Lindsey was jealous over the success of Landslide and Rhiannon, and therefore criticized Stevie's Rumours songs out of spite. Multiple sources close to Stevie have opined that Lindsey was/is Stevie's best producer and while Stevie might contend that assessment, I have never heard that Lindsey told her she would be nothing without him musically. I mean, literally, she would not have been in the band without him since they were only looking for a guitar player, but it seems that Lindsey more than anyone recognized Stevie's raw talent.

Again, if Stevie herself confirmed rumors of abuse, I would believe her but to anyone who follows the band, while these allegations contain grains of truth, overall they seem way out of context.