View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

This was an incredibly sad read. I tend to be more of a Stevie fan, but I felt heartbroken for Lindsey after reading his account of what happened. I wish him nothing but the best. His legacy as both a member of Fleetwood Mac and a solo artist is secure no matter what path he follows into the future.

This is in no way a defense of Stevie or her actions, but I think Tom Petty's death really affected her. I think that, as she has noted, she has reached a point, at least in her professional life, where she no longer wants to do things that make her personally unhappy or stressed or uncomfortable. Unfortunately, her first victim was Lindsey. I just wish she would own the role she played in his ousting and not continue to lie and push a narrative that puts the blame on Lindsey ("he wanted us to wait a year to tour!").

If true, her reasons for "never wanting to be on another stage with Lindsey again" were petty and childish, and the band's behavior since his firing is abhorrent. Come on, people! Email the guy back or give him a call and talk it out. Given what he did for all of you, he deserves a conversation, even if it's a final one.