View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Surely it's a bit of both though. The Ledge is never going to have the sort of active membership it may have once had due to other social media options. Interest picked up a bit at various times over the past year with various releases and tours etc. However, even then participation hasn't been great. It will pick up again over the next year when aforementioned activities take place. Traffic has, and will continue to be affected due to the load times, but even if there were no advertising at all there still wouldn't be huge numbers coming here.

(I've only been a member for a couple of years- long after its heyday). But in my opinion The Ledge has lost contributors due to;

1) Proliferation of other social media forums
2) It's not always a nice place to discuss things
3) Long load times

In that order of relevence
I have to agree with a lot of this. I took a break from The Ledge while I was in college, but I was on here almost every day back in 2010/11 at the ripe old age of 15. I couldn't see myself doing that now - a lot of bitterness (which is fine, everyone's entitled to their own opinions of course, I just don't think I would have wanted to be around those vibes).

I spend the most of my time now on Twitter. It's much easier to have a conversation because it's all instantaneous. News can spread faster, media is easier to share, and the user interface is better.

That being said, I hope The Ledge continues on. It was how I made some of my first FM friends and found a space for me online where I could actually connect with people. Whether I was ranting about fights I was getting in with my mom or getting into silly discussions about which Lindsey era I loved more, The Ledge was always there for me and I really miss it.

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09