View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Harvesting is not the only kind of control, I can assure you.
I also had a car accident involving caused by a roe deer but it wasn't certainly its fault and I wouldn't want to permit harvesting to prevent it happening again but my district fenced the green area and now everyone's fine.
I eat boar, but I don't think anyone would dare eat a Puma.
I didn't want to trasform this thread in an activists battle, so I think I'll stop responding now.
An Agoura Hills resident has said a mountain lion killed four of his pet goats. From NBC News at 11 on Thursday, Jan. 15, 2015 (Published Friday, Jan 16, 2015)

A mountain lion captured on surveillance camera video killed four pet goats at an Agour Hills home, according to the homeowner.

Jack Gill handed over surveillance video that shows the big cat in the front yard of his home near Paramount Ranch last month. The attack occured just after midnight on Dec. 29 when he was away from his 11-acre property on Cornell Road.

Gill said he has lived there for 26 years and never seen a mountain lion, and he believes the cat got in through a 6-foot chain-link fence.

He said he found three of his pygymy goats with bite wounds in their necks, while another was apparently taken off the property. He said he found goat hair on top of the fence.

Mountain lions are not endangered in California, but they are a species of concern.

It is estimated there are 10 to 15 mountain lions roaming in the Santa Monica Mountains, and residents are advised to take precautions to protect livestock and pets.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...288796681.html

While Mountain lions are beautiful creatures they are also very dangerous.
This is why people can't leave their pets in the back yard. Even in Stevie's neighbor hood.