View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
I am not going to debate this with you. Average ticket price is not higher and shows are less than 60 days out. We can cherry pick good markets and poor markets, but the average is what it is.

In my 21 years visiting the ledge I have neve posted fake news and used what information I have had access to give like minded fans a bit of additional insight. I am not a bomb thrower or a power poster, and always try to offer nuance in my posts. I will not be labeled a liar. I am fine going back underground as far as this forum again. Probably for the better given the vitriol contained within these circular threads.

I am right on this and not going to debate it anymore. Choose to believe what you want and enjoy the show!
Its not a debate but you want to make it a debate. I doubt you would disagree On With The Show was the highpoint for Fleetwood Mac concerts. The ticket prices, the excitement of Christine, the long tour, double back on cities, the revenue, etc.
Many like yourself and the OP's posted chart is comparing apples and oranges. To compare this upcoming tour without Lindsey to the On With The Show tour is ridiculous. Even if Lindsey stayed in the band, I doubt they would be able to reproduce those kind of numbers and excitement. Nonetheless, my point takes issue with this comparison. I think most bands or concert promoters would be thrilled with a 3/4 sold arena and 7 months to go before the concert.
Without a doubt the tour will be successful. Most of the audience comes for Stevie and she always puts the asses in the seats. What I am saying is a no-brainer. What I take issue with is people saying ticket sales are poor or the tour will just cover costs.
That is completely not true. My feelings would be to not have a successful tour without Lindsey. But my feelings have nothing to do with reality. Its going to be a long and very successful tour and expect it to be in the top 10 concert grosses of 2019.